Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Mi Iglesia Mexicana

Recently I started attending a hispanic church here in Salem. It's been a real blessing to worship in spanish again, AND that church is going through The Purpose Driven Life, and they are one week ahead of how we at South Salem Naz are going through it. So I've been able to hear the sermons first in spanish, then in english the next week. I've also decided to read the book in spanish. This is a big step for me, as it is the first book I've read completely though in spanish (I'm not counting the Clifford the Big Red Dog books as real books! haha!) It's been going really well so far.

Anyhow, last sunday, I went to dinner after church with three of the families from the hispanic church. It was so cool! They are all from Mexico - in fact, all but 3 people in the church are either from Mexico or born here in the States. The Pastor's wife is from Queretaro! So they were teaching me some new Mexican words, and laughing at my Honduran slang and my use of words that they've never heard before. So I've really been blessed the past few weeks worshiping at this church and fellowshiping with new friends! They usually play soccer after dinner too, so maybe next week I'll go also. But I think that it's a spectator thing for the women, it seemed like they were saying that the men play and the women watch, which is how it would probably be in Latin America.

I hope that in the next few months I'll be meeting new people at some evangelical church in Guanajuato!!

No comments: