Tuesday, April 19, 2005

La Linda Hermana Linda

So I realized that I never said anything more about the "support-raising breakthrough" that I mentioned a while ago on this blog. Linda, a woman from my church, recently lost her husband Joe to a respiratory disease. He was not very old, and it was quite devastating. The morning that his obituary appeared in the newspaper, at the bottom, you know where they put which charity to donate money to in honor of the deceased... It was for me! So there are many people who were relatives of Joe or long time friends of his who I've never even met who donated funds in honor of their loved one to me. I am so blessed and so touched that Linda did this. It means so much to me! So, now my set-up costs for going to Mexico are pretty well taken care of. I don't yet have an exact figure as to where I am on that, but with my pay checks also, I'm moving along quite well!

No comments: