Saturday, December 19, 2009

Movin' Back With the Gringos

As I implied in my blog the other day, my friend Sarah left Queretaro on thursday to move back to Kansas (and wherever college is, I'm so bad, I forgot).

Sarah came here the middle of August for a study abroad semester at the Queretaro state university. The family she stayed with is friends with a lady who comes now and then to Horizonte Church, so Sarah came to Horizonte her first sunday here. Hence me meeting her.

Sarah immediately got involved in the young adults' group at church, and made lots of friends - at church and school. It was great getting to know her and share stuff that I've learned about Mexican culture, missions, and life as a gringa in Mexico. We went to Guanajuato together, went out for crepes or coffee or crepes or ice cream... or crepes... many times, and I showed her how to make Honduran pupusas! Sarah is an amazing Christian lady who I know God will use in great ways, and already has! I was sad to see her leave!

We had a goodbye party for Sarah on tuesday night, at our house. I think there were probably about 30 people in and out of the house that night... And if you've ever seen our house, you know that's a pretty big feat. Especially with the lack of places to sit. hehe

Cinthya, Brisa, Sarah, Ari, and Me (I am SO the old lady of this picture! Everyone else is between 17 and 20!)
Everyone who was at the house when the picture was taken (minus JP who was taking the picture!)

So, we'll miss you Sarah! (jaja, creo que vas a leer esto!)

No comments: