Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Pictures from Honduras

I realized that I never put any pictures of my recent trip to Honduras in this blog!

Here's my Honduran mom, Suyapa and I:
Luisa, me, and Moises. Luisa and Moises are getting married in August. Luisa is my next door neighbor, and best Honduran friend!

A view of my neighborhood from above my house:

My "nephew" (actually Luisa's nephew) Carlitos Daniel, playing with my grandma's bird:

Suyapa working on my wedding dress! (yep, this is as much picture as you'll see of the dress until my wedding!)

Suyapa working on wedding things from another friend, Marthita's wedding, and me working on beadwork for my dress:

My brothers' soccer team playing in Yaguacire (a farm area near my neighborhood):

Yep, I said Yaguacire was a farm area! The soccer game had to stop because of the cows crossing the field!

I really enjoyed my time in Honduras, and had the opportunity to spend lots of time with Suyapa and her husband Delmer, my brother Franklin, Luisa and Moises, and various other people from the neighborhood. Suyapa completed my wedding dress in approximately 4 days! Beadwork included! We are trying to get visas for Suyapa and Franklin, and possibly Delmer, to come to Mexico for my wedding, but it's more difficult for Hondurans to get visas to Mexico than to the USA, so it's really up in the air as to whether or not they can come... But we hope!
Now I'm back to Queretaro, beginning a new phase of ministry and life!

No comments: