Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Car


I think I mentioned before that Jean Paul and I now have a little car! Here it is - a Volkwagon Pointer - I don't think they have that in the States, but it's a great little car. It gets good gas milage, and is easy to find parts in case it needs reparation. And I always think of Volkswagons as being pretty sturdy. This one is a 2004, so it pretty new (especially for me, who's never had a car newer that 1984!!). This picture is how I saw the car when I got back to Queretaro after being in Honduras! It's amazing how everything worked out for the car - we bought it from the boss of a good friend of ours who sold it to us for substantially cheaper than he should've just because our friend is such a good employee. With a car, JP and I will be able to find cheaper housing, as the further outside of the city you go, the cheaper rent is.

Another way that God has provided for us - a friend fromo JP's school works for a home construction company, and the company furnishes their model homes before showing them. One the model home is bought, they company sells the furnishings, most of which are slightly used, or not even used. So we are buying a brand-new refridgerator through this friend for about half the price that it sells for at Sears! Little by little, God is providing things that we need even before we actually need them!

No comments: